Kart Safety and Tech-
All Karts must conform to current 2001 WKA. rules except as noted herein.
- All drivers must wear a Snell 95 D.O.T. Approved helmet or newer. Because of limited size availability, Jr. racers can wear a Snell 90 D.O.T. approved helmet.
- All Karts must have a zip-strip on ignition wire for safety shutoff purposes.
- All rookies shall start in the back (scratch) of the line up for one full race event. There after, they may draw pills for line up purposes.
- All Karts must pass Safety Tech before being allowed to race. It is the participant's responsibility to bring kart to the Tech area to be teched before drivers meeting begins. Failure to pass or to be teched will result in kart not being allowed to participate in race. NO
EXCEPTIONS!!! Safety tech will follow current 2001 WKA rules.
- All nerf bars and bumpers must be legal per 2001 WKA rules. A local exception and recommended bumper is the Monster Bumper. Any oversized bumper and not extending past the rear tire tread width is allowed.
KART CLASS RULES are specified in WKA
Speedway Dirt Division Classes Tech Manual
- Junior I- For ages 8 thru 10. Minimum weight is 250 lbs. - .425 Purple WKA
restrictor is mandatory - Must be an approved numbered SKA Restrictor Plate.
- Junior II - For ages 10 thru 12 - Minimum weight is 265 lbs. - .500 Turquoise WKA restrictor is mandatory - Must be an approved numbered SKA restrictor
- Junior - For ages 12 thru 15 - Minimum weight is 300 lbs. - No restrictor
- Stock Medium - For ages 15 and up - Minimum weight 335 lbs.
- Stock Heavy - For ages 15 and up - Minimum weight is 360 lbs.
- Yamaha - For ages 15 and up - Minimum weight is 335 lbs.
- Tecumseh - For ages 15 and up - Minimum weight is 360
All Briggs 4 cycle, Yamaha, and Tecumseh motors will be WKA
legal a per 2001 Tech manual.
Tecumseh motors have the following exceptions;
- Porting is allowed, any ignition is allowed, compression release is allowed, pulse port
for the fuel pump can be mounted on the intake or the side cover, and the head gasket can by any material
as long as it has a minimum installed thickness of .043